My Etsy mini

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Critiques

I received a critique on my shop from Mu-yin Jewelry last week. Overall it was an appreciated critique.

After thinking about the critique more I got the feeling that my shop wasn't up to par and wasn't good enough. I didn't like the fact that it was pointed out how my shop wasn't focused on one craft. I got the feeling that my shop had a "garage sale" feeling to it. The work and the effort I've put into my shop felt pretty null after this critique. I enjoy having variety in my shop and most people seem to have appreciated that fact.

Based on this critique I decided to see what I could do to "polish" up my shop and give it more of a "professional business" look to it. I opened a new shop to feature my cards, papercrafts and what ever other items I want to put into it. This shop will be my secondary shop. I plan on using my main shop to draw people into both shops. I am going to run with this for a bit and see what comes of it. If the 2nd shop doesn't pan out then i'll close it down and just use my main shop.

My shop is my love for my hobbies. Of course I want it to have a professional feel to it but I also want to be able to love it and enjoy it. If I constantly succumb to all the critiques I won't enjoy what I do.

So for now CatheavenCrafts will be my knit/crochet store. And CatheavenCreations will be my papercrafts and misc items.

I would love to hear opinions on what others think of having variety in stores. Is opening a 2nd shop really worth it?

No comments:

a